Internal linking for SEO
What are internal links?
Internal links are the links that sit within a page on a specific website. These often link to other relevant pieces of content that site within your website.
Internal links vs external links
Why are links important to Google?
Relationships between content
Setting up an internal linking strategy
1. Determine the ideal structure for your site
2. Decide what your most important content is
3. Add contextual links
Contextual linking: an example
4. Link hierarchical pages
5. Consider adding a related post section
6. Try adding navigational links
7. Add links to your taxonomies
8. Consider adding links to popular or recent posts
More on internal links
Internal linking in for SEO
Text link counter
Easy internal linking with our SEO template
Related posts suggestions
Child and sibling block
Orphaned content filter
Go link your content!
Get free SEO templates tips straight to your inbox!